Monday, 11 July 2011

A lovely Sunny Summer Sunday in Southend on Sea. Is this possible?


I know I have kept on about the disgrace of the Southend people and the Council for their hideous attempts at trying to make a silk purse out of a sours ear… (or better should I say, that they had a silk purse and then covered it in UPVC plastic!), so I thought I would show some nicer pictures of Barclay, my dog, in Chalkwell Park.  I haven't ventured into that Park since I was about 11 years old.  Then there was a fair going on over the summer and I had a photo taken with the singer Joe Brown.  Bet, none of you remember who his is??  I didn't at the time but my mother pushed me into his arms and yelled "photo Joe, please with me little girl!).  Joe was more than happy to oblige and for a moment I felt rather star struck.  Not at meeting Joe Brown but because everyone was looking at me whilst I had a picture taken.  I never did get rid of that feeling!

So on this fine, sunny July Sunday afternoon (yesterday) Barclay and I rambled through some of the nicer parts of this very large park.  I ventured into a small glade that had some children playing within it and it was absolutely stunning.  So peaceful and serene and my dog loved the coolness from the afternoon heat.  I took a few snaps and you can see here how lovely it was.  I must go back again sometime…when though … God only knows but soon I hope as Barclay will complain!
The Glade within Chalkwell Park

Barclay enjoying the coolness of the trees.


I then went to visit a very pretty church in Prittlewell and there's the name, Prittlewell Church.  It was a shame I could not get inside but given the roughness of Southend, perhaps it's wise that the doors were locked!  Again, I took some more photos' and these are just as lovely as the Chalkwell Park ones.  It is funny you know…. that when you walk about just in the grounds of such a beautiful location, one can actually believe they are somewhere foreign, Italy, Spain, the Orkneys but never once does the idea of natural beauty resonate or start with the word Southend!


The beautiful Prittlewell Church

No comments:

Post a Comment