Sunday, 17 July 2011

"The Sad State of the 'Cliffs Pavilion!' Southend on Sea, Essex!


When I popped down to Southend last weekend, I was dying to see the wonderful Cliffs Pavilion, a place I used to dance at as a young child.  I also in the early 1960' visited the 'Cliffs' to enjoy the Saturday morning cabaret shows.  Well, the word wonderful in front of 'Cliffs Pavilion' doesn't exactly spring into mind anymore……for the place, not to put too finer point on it…. is a dump!
 I walked all around it to gather some feel of showmanship and grandeur but could only find, sweet and food wrappers and dishevelment.   It is quite sad to see a place falling down in front of one's eyes… especially when the money is being spent is on less important things.  Where I did see large amounts of money being spent…. is on the extremely large proportions of new road signage and one-way systems.  Goodness, now there's a subject I could get my teeth into, but just so you too get a feel of how ugly the 'Cliffs Pavilion is today…… I have posted up two photos.  Time for a paint job I feel!

This rubbish is right by the entrance to the Cliffs!

Not exactly stylish or classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment